Friday, 19 September 2014

8 Ebola awareness workers killed by villagers in Guinea


8 Ebola awareness workers including 3 journalists & 5 health workers were killed by angry villagers on Tuesday Sept. 16th in Wome village, same village where the Ebola virus broke out early this year.

The workers were killed while out creating awareness and distributing flyers about Ebola. According to reports, the villagers, who believe the Ebola outbreak is a fabricated story, began throwing rocks at the delegation who arrived to do disinfection work and educate people about how to prevent Ebola.

According to a journalist who escaped and later spoke to a radio station in Guinea, she said residents who have always rebuffed government's effort in containing the spread of the virus, gathered around them, first started by insulting them then the physical assault started. Overall, 8 people were killed.

Damantang Albert Camara, a government official who spoke on the incident said the bodies of the workers were dumped in the septic tank of a primary school in the village. Their bodies were found yesterday September 18th.  
"On Thursday, the eight bodies were found in the septic tank of the primary school in the village. Three of them had their throats slit. They had been killed in cold blood by the villagers" he said

End time things! Man hangs himself live on Skype while online spectators watched


26 year old Russian man Serger Kirilov (pictured above) wanted to commit suicide and so he went on Skype and announced that he planned to commit suicide and said anyone who wanted to see it could link to him on Skype.

Shockingly, many people linked up to him and watched him hang himself without trying to stop him. One spectator even allegedly said 'a real man would have killed himself more quickly.' Another said 'If a man says he's going to do something, he needs to do it.' Only one person tried to stop him.

Russian police are now trying to trace all the people who watched the suicide through their internet service providers. A Russian police spokesman said 'It is beyond belief that people could watch this as a form of entertainment. We will be investigating everyone who watched this incident, especially those who urged him to carry it out who may be guilty of negligent homicide.'

Tinubu Denies Being Sick! Says I Only Went For Vacation


One of the National Leaders of APC, and former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who has been rumoured to be sick has denied ever been down as he flew into the country yesterday from London. Tinubu while addressing press men at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos said, he heard about the rumours and could only ask God to forgive rumour mongers.  

“I’m as fit as a fiddle. There was nothing wrong before I left the country. We had the Osun gubernatorial election and I’d planned a long vacation and some other research assignments in the political arena. It was to learn from people who had experienced the development of opposition parties in the past,” he said.

Governor Fashola hosts some Ebola survivors.


Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola, today September 18th, hosted some Ebola survivors at his office at the state Secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja. Speaking with the survivors, the governor commended them for coming forward to share their experiences, saying that they are proof that the disease is not a death sentence.

The survivors in attendance included the widow of late Port Harcourt doctor, Dr Emenuo Kelechi (left), Dr Ibeawuchi Morris (second left), Dr Fadipe Akinniyi (centre), Mr. Dennis Akagha (late Nurse Justina Ejelonu's fiance) and Dr Adaora Igonoh. See more photos after the cut...



 
 

While sharing their experiences, one of the survivors and staff of First Consultant Hospital, Dr. Ibeabuchi Morris, said he was the first to receive late Sawyer at the hospital where he was first treated for Malaria.
 
He said after the patient continued to have high temperature, he took the blood sample and sent it to the laboratory, then contacted Dr. Stella Adadevoh who advised him to continue attending to the patient pending the arrival of the test result. He said when the blood result arrived it was confirmed that he was EVD positive. Sawyer died a few days later.
 
Dr. Ibeabuchi disclosed that he started manifesting symptoms of the disease 12 days later as his body temperature continued to rise beyond 38.5 degrees Celsius. He said when his condition continued to degenerate, he reported to the Lagos State Ministry of Health and was advised to restrict his contact with members of his family.
 
According to him, his body temperature got to an all time high of over 40 degrees at which point the Medical team from Lagos State came and took him to the isolation centre after decontaminating his house. He thanked the Lagos State Government and all the other agencies and individuals who took care of him and made it possible for him to survive.
 
Another survivor, Dr. Adaora Igonoh, thanked the Lagos State Governor and the Government for their dedication in the battle to contain the spread of the disease which, according to her, made it possible for some victims, including herself to survive the virus.
 
Dr. Igonoh, who is also a staff of First Consultants Hospital, commended the hospital and the staff for the risk they took to ensure that the disease did not spread beyond the limit it did. She also paid tribute to those who lost their lives, adding that without their sacrifice, the story would probably have been different.
 
Also giving his testimony, Mr. Dennis Akagha, fiancee to Justina Akagha, a nursing staff of First Consultants Hospital who died days after attending to Patrick Sawyer, said he got to hear about his fiancee's contact with Sawyer when the death of the Liberian was announced on television. She later told him she'd treated Sawyer.
 
He said when the symptoms of the disease started manifesting in Justina, they first thought it was pregnancy induced or Malaria because she'd told him she wore protective gloves while attending to Sawyer. He said that on the 14th day, Justina's condition worsened and he took her to First Consultants from where he was directed to the Isolation Centre in Yaba where she later passed on.
 
He disclosed that he did not immediately go to hospital when he started manifesting the symptoms until he started vomiting and feeling dehydrated. He said he was finally taken to the Isolation Centre where he was treated and discharged after he tested negative of the virus.
 
Other survivors who gave testimonies were Dr. Fadipe Akinniyi, also a staff of First Consultants Hospital and Dr. (Mrs.) Kelechi Emenuo, wife of late Dr. Emenuo, who treated one of Mr. Sawyer’s companions in Port Harcourt and later died of the disease.

Very graphic: See pics of Boko Haram militants killed by Nigerian troops


Just got these exclusive but very graphic photos of Boko Haram members killed by the Nigerian troops at Konduga in Borno this week. The pic above is the new CS/VP3 MRAP that was recently purchased. It aided in the victory of the soldiers over the insurgents. Find the pics after the cut...
.