Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Two Military Men Die In Lagos Over Girlfriend



There was confusion on Sunday morning after two military officers, identified as Hilary and Sheu Abdullahi, died after a brutal clash.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident happened at a popular night club on Pen Crescent, Apapa area of Lagos.


The Punch learnt from a reliable source that Hilary, a corporal in the Nigerian Army, had gone to the club with his girlfriend who was donned in a military outfit.

The source said, “The bouncers at the club stopped the lady and challenged her, asking if she was a soldier. But Hilary asked why they would question his girlfriend in his presence.

“Abdullahi, a naval officer, who was equally at the club with his girlfriend, came out to intervene. After listening to the bouncers, he told Hilary it was wrong for his girlfriend to wear a military uniform when she was not one. That was how Hilary left the bouncers and decided to tackle Abdullahi.”

Another source told our correspondent that the fight began after Abdullahi slapped the soldier’s girlfriend for disrespecting him.

He said, “The soldier was angry and went after the naval officer. He stabbed him with a jackknife and he died on the spot.”

Our correspondent gathered that Abdullahi’s colleagues, after getting wind of the situation, mobilised to the scene.

It was learnt that in retaliation, the men pounced on Hilary, and beat him to a pulp.

The affray was said to have escalated after the soldier gave up in their hands.

A resident was said to have made a distress call to policemen at the Apapa Police Division who arrived the scene on time to prevent further bloodshed.

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Lelma Kolle, while confirming the incident, said the police made two arrests at the scene.

He said, “Yes, the incident happened. Actually, two people died. We received a distress call from someone that there was a situation at the club and we instantly rushed to the scene. We were able to bring the situation under control and prevent further loss of lives. It was just unfortunate that by the time we got there, the two officers had died. But the police arrested two military officers in connection with the incident.”

He added that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, and the corpses of the slain officers, deposited in the mortuary.

The Army Public Relations Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Omale Ochagwuba, said he was at a programme and would appreciate if our correspondent could visit his office.


The Command Information Officer of the Western Naval Command, Lieutenant Commander Way Olabisi, said he would get back to our correspondent on the incident.

Married Women With Children Arrested For trying To Sell 2-Year Old Boy For N600,000



Security officials attached to the Quick Intervention Squad in Calabar, Cross River State on Tuesday arrested two women alleged to be part of a child-trafficking syndicate.

Commander of the QIS, which comprises various security agencies, Capt. Mohammed Tanko, said the women were arrested at Eta-Agbor Road where they were transacting the sale of an unidentified, two-year old boy for N600, 000.


Tanko said, “The arrested suspects also attempted to bribe the QIS officials with N500, 000 when they were rounded up.”

The suspects, who were 30-year-old trader from the Etinan Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State and a 33-year-old Health Record Officer at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital from Akpabuyo LGA, admitted to the crime.

The trader said her husband worked with a church in Abuja, while the health record officer disclosed that her husband was an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps in Abuja. Both of them said they were married with children.

The suspect from Akpabuyo, who served as a middleman between the seller and the buyer, said she was an employee of the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital.

She said, “I got the child from Akpabuyo. My gain from the transaction was N20, 000.”

According to her, the buyer said she needed a child to adopt, but didn’t want to go through the proper process because she feared that one day the child would be collected by the government.

The suspect from Etinan, who was the buyer, said she had already paid the said sum.

The state Security Adviser, Mr. Rekpene Bassey, said, “Investigation is ongoing to bring their accomplices to book. The suspects will be handed over to the police.”

Bassey said the state would continue to uphold a zero tolerance policy to all forms of crime.

He also said due to the present security situation in the country, there would be more visible security presence across the state with emphasis on the capital, Calabar.

He urged the public not to worry about the presence of the security officials, adding that the residents must continue to help the government in the fight against crime.


He lauded the sources that gave information that led to the arrest of the women and urged members of the public to do same.

Source: Punch

OGBENI ANDRU'S BLOG: What a Crazy World, The Fire Challenge Game?

OGBENI ANDRU'S BLOG: What a Crazy World, The Fire Challenge Game?: The fire challenge game is a game where people pour gasoline, alcohol, nail polish remover or any liquid that can easily catch fire on t...

What a Crazy World, The Fire Challenge Game?


The fire challenge game is a game where people pour gasoline, alcohol, nail polish remover or any liquid that can easily catch fire on their skin and then set themselves ablaze or with the help of a friend/family member helping them record the game.

A video is currently circulating online about a Fire Challenge Game gone wrong, where a mother was seen filming her son who set himself ablaze playing the game. The boy screamed in agony as he tried to put out the fire, while his mother filmed him on laughing.


LMAO, Sky News says the capital of Nigeria is Lagos

LOL, ARE THEY THAT DUMB???

Hey Guys, Good news. Infinix Zero: The Trending Android Smartphone


There is so much excitement about the new Infinix Zero! This is the device that is set to dwarf all others in 
terms of performance and technology. Imagine the superior picture quality of a 13MP camera, the speed derived from the powerful Octa-Core processor, the latest Android 4.4 Kit kat technology and the classy glass on metal finish this device has to offer!
The Infinix Zero is an embodiment of aesthetics. One of the first things that would strike you about the phone is its sleekness. It has a smooth feeling and it’s very palm friendly. It is also very light, weighing just about 150 mg. The hardened glass frame, called the Gorrilla glass, is an extraordinary feature, allowing you to hit it against a hard surface without getting broken! To have a virtual feel of this amazing device, click here --->Feel the Infinix Zero

The Infinix Zero would be sold exclusively on Konga.com. This is because Konga is the best marketplace platform in Nigeria as shown by several metrics.  Infinix Zero would be sold online because the costs of e-commerce is cheaper than that of a brick and mortar market, thereby making products more affordable for customers. Click here to sign up for pre-order info.

Amidst all the excitement, Konga.com is giving fans the opportunity to win lots of cool gifts and a VIP ticket to the official launching of the phone! All you have to do is ‘Decide The Slogan’ for the Infinix Zero phone(Hint: Slogan starts with 'Zero'). You are required to post your slogan in the comment section of theKonga Facebook page. Click here to enter ---->Konga Facebook Page

This phone is much more affordable than you can imagine! Can you guess how much Konga.com is selling it for?  Sign up here to get exclusive information.
Note: Ogbeni Andru is an accredited dealer. 


Suspected Ebola victim dies in Saudi Arabia


A Saudi Arabian man who was being treated for Ebola-like symptoms died today August 6th at a hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the country's health ministry said.
According to a post on the website of the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Health, the unidentified 40 year old man was being treated for symptoms of the deadly virus in an isolated ward when he suddenly died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The website stated that the man had recently visited Sierra Leone, one of the countries being ravaged by the deadly Ebola virus and may have contracted the virus there.
This will be the first suspected Ebola-related death outside Africa since the outbreak. The World Health Organization said today that 932 people have so far died from the virus.

Nigerian nurse dies of Ebola virus as FG confirms 7 new cases



Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, speaking today August 6th at a news conference in Abuja said a Nigerian nurse has died from the Ebola Virus. He said the nurse worked at the Lagos hospital where Liberian Patrick Sawyer was treated. He said she died yesterday August 5th. He also revealed that five medical practitioners who interacted with Sawyer have been confirmed to have contracted the deadly virus
"Nigeria has now recorded seven confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease. The first one was the index case, which is the imported case from Liberia of which the victim is now late. Yesterday, 5th August, 2014, the first known Nigerian to die of the EVD was recorded and this was one of the nurses that attended to the Liberian. The other five cases are currently being treated at the Isolation Ward in Lagos.” he said
The Minister noted that all Nigerians diagnosed with the disease had primary contact with the late Liberian man. He then announced the appointment of Prof. O. Onajole, of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, who will be based in Lagos, as the Director, Communication and Community Mobilisation for the Ebola Virus Disease.